Terrence Malick will make two films with Christian Bale and Cate Blanchett.

2 nov 2011, 11:27


     Terrence Malick will direct two upcoming projects, "Lawless" and "Knight of Cups," both of which will star Cate Blanchett and Christian Bale, FilmNation Entertainment announced Tuesday. Bale previously worked with Malick on the 2005 drama "The New World."      In addition, "Lawless" will also star Ryan Gosling and Rooney Mara. Isabel Lucas ("The Immortals") will co-star in "Knight of Cups." Both films are currently in pre-production and will shoot back-to-back in 2012.      It's a rare burst of productivity for Malick, who has made just five films in 40 years -- often with over a decade between pictures.  Sarah Green and Nicolas Gonda, who worked with Malick on "The Tree of Life," will serve as the producers on both films with FilmNation Entertainment handling international sales during this week’s American Film Market.      Glen Basner, CEO of FilmNation Entertainment commented: "FilmNation couldn't be happier to continue to act as Terrence's international sales agency. Terrence is a brilliant filmmaker and an enormous draw for talent and filmmakers alike. We look forward to robust sales at AFM on both of these films.”    In addition to the two new projects, the company has secured sales for all territories on Malick’s next currently untitled film starring Ben Affleck, Rachel McAdams, Javier Bardem and Rachel Weisz. 

BBC Radio 4 will make a documentary program with Al Pacino.

25 okt 2011, 15:37


British radio station BBC Radio 4 will release a documentary programme with Al Pacino, writes The Independent. In this show the actor will talk about his career as an actor and director.
Now Al Pacino is busy by filming the movie "Wilde Salome" on the play "Salome" by Oscar Wilde. In this radio programme Al Pacino will talk about his producer experience and its perception of the play, in which Al Pacino played on stage in two productions in 2003 and 2006. Pacino acted in a Broadway production of Salome in 2003, and later in Los Angeles in 2006.
He filmed the latter performance and edited it together with interviews about Wilde with Gore Vidal, Tom Stoppard and Bono. "I play Herod because crazy emperors work for me," Pacino says in the film. "As always, the world is his." However, when the movie premiered at the Venice Film Festival last month, The London Review of Books said it was "less a documentary proper than an enthusiast's rambling blog".
Pacino added: "I don't think of myself as a director but I'm making a film. I've found a taste for making movies I can wallow in and figure it out as I go. I've always tried to mix it up a little bit and that's what's kept me going."
A BBC spokesman said: "This programme will explore what inspired Pacino in his interpretation on film. Al Pacino uses a mix of documentary, fiction and improvisation to get to the root of the story, and this programme will try to find out the motivation for this unusual approach." The programme will be broadcast on 14 November.

McDonald's will launch its own TV channel.

19 okt 2011, 10:53



       The fast food network of restaurants McDonald's will launch own television channel in the U.S. Los Angeles Times reported it.
       Programs on the TV channel will vary depending on the location of the restaurant. On the TV will be show the local news, in particular, the stories about the achievements of local athletes (including students) and housewives. In addition, the channel will show music news, films and fashion programs.
       McDonald's will work on content together with channel BBC America, channel of amateur news KABC-TV Eyewitness News and the British producer Mark Burnett who made a lot of reality shows and TV programs for American and British TV channels.
       8 minutes per hour on the channel will be given for advertising. At the same time, the McDonald's ads will occupy a small part of total advertising time.
       The McDonald's TV channel will broadcast programs for the men who stand in line at the cash register, as well as in the halls of restaurants. McDonald's will give a special quiet area for those who do not want to watch TV.
       The McDonald's TV will be launched in a few months. Initially, the channel will be available in California, and if it will be successful, so translation will be extended to other states of the United States, reporting Neon Tommy's site. Expected monthly audience of the channel will be from 18 to 20 million people.

A-One will be a hip-hop TV channel

18 okt 2011, 11:40



       Music TV channel A-One will change the format of broadcasting and will become a hip-hop music channel, reporting Lentu.ru.
       When A-One will be turned into a hip-hop music channel, it "will be faithful to the alternative, but it will be progressive, fashionable and cheerful alternative to the monotonous life", reporting in the press release. Starting of TV channel in the new format becomes with the theme of "Everything will be hip-hop".
       Changing the format of the A-One TV channel will occur on October 20 in 10 p.m. The presentation of the new channel for media and advertisers will be held at the bar "Barbados". During the presentation the various musicians of the Russian hip-hop will perform their new songs.
      Alexander Tolmatsky became the general producer of A-One in September 2011. He previously worked with famous hip-hop artists such as Detsl (son of Alexander Tolmatsky), Legal Business and Bad B Alliance. That's when it became known that the channel would switches from alternative rock to hip-hop.
      A-One TV channel was launched in August 2005 by a group of independent producers: Victor Logachev, Dmitry Makhov, Vladimir and Andrei Golikov Dinov.
WATCH A-ONE LIVE!

The new way towards 3D standards.

11 okt 2011, 08:04


       Vendors will be engaged in the production of generic 3D glasses!
       Most manufacturers of TV equipment have released models of 3D glasses with support for stereoscopic images, but the confusion in the standards for 3D-glasses was great, until recently. 3D glasses for a one TV could not fit to the other TV. Nevertheless, in early August, Panasonic, Samsung, Sony and Xpand announced a partnership to create the concept of FULL HD 3D-glasses with active shutter that connecting to the TV via Bluetooth or Infrared (IR).
       The joint project involves the design of RF protocols of interaction of 3D glasses and TV displays. The license for the new standard expected to appear in September, and the mass production of the universal 3D-glasses will start in early 2012. However, as the creators insist, 3D glasses will be compatible with all TVs, made in 2011. The Bluetooth SIG organization supported the project of developing such 3D-glasses. 3D-glasses will be compatible with all TVs.

Fox TV has agreed to extend "The Simpsons" for two seasons.

10 okt 2011, 16:16


       Fox TV channel has decided to extend production of animation cartoon "The Simpsons" for two more seasons, Reuters reports on Saturday. "The Simpsons" are the longest comedy series in television history, indicated in the message of FOX TV channel. FOX TV will broadcast "The Simpsons" live in the 24th and 25th seasons.
       FOX TV shows the 23rd season now, reminds agency. Previously, it was announced that the FOX channel would not be able to finance cartoons, if Fox TV would not reduce salaries of six dub actors by 45 percent. These dub actors agreed on a 30-percent reduction in payment in exchange for a portion of the proceeds from the show and other rental income. However, Fox has rejected this proposal.
     
       As reported, salaries of executive producers of "The Simpsons" were reduced in order to save the show. Apparently, Fox and the actors were able to reach an agreement about payment, but its terms are not disclosed, reported Reuters. Six actors who dubbed the main roles in "The Simpsons" get about $ 8 million per season from animated series.

Sting celebrated his anniversary with charity concert.

5 okt 2011, 10:19


       In New York there was a concert dedicated to 60th anniversary of Sting and the 25th anniversary of the start of his solo stage career, reports Rolling Stone. The charity event was held on Sunday, October 2. All money from tickets sales will go to fighting with poverty.
       In the anniversary event took part about twenty artists. Among those who took the stage to congratulate Sting were Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen, Lady Gaga, Stevie Wonder, Rufus Wainwright, Mary J. Blige, will.i.am., Herbie Hancock and many others. During the concert the musicians, invited to the festival, performed cover versions of songs by Sting and The Police.
       During the concert Sting was very cheerful and seemed happy with what was happening. According to the singer, the fact that he was 60 years old, does not bother him. "I feel quite comfortable. I always felt kind of like the old" - said Sting.
       Sting's first solo album was released in 1985. The album "The Dream of the Blue Turtles" won third place in the UK charts and went double "Platinum" in the UK. Latest studio work by Sting is "Symphonicities" 2010.

Discography of Michael Jackson will replenish with a new album!

5 okt 2011, 09:20



       In November 2011 it is planned to release another compilation of hits of late pop king Michael Jackson. As reported by Reuters, on disk, known as "Immortal", will be included several medleys of the most famous singer of hits, also remixes and reworked versions of such hits as "Beat It", "Earth Song", "Man In The Mirror" and choral version of "They Don't Really Care About Us."
       The usual version of the recording disc includes 15 songs, and a gift edition - 22 tracks. The producer of the disc was Kevin Antunes, who previously worked with Justin Timberlake, Rihanna and Madonna. Fully track list can be found here.
       The album is essentially a soundtrack to the show Cirque du Soleil "Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour", which premiered on October 2 in Montreal. The show involves the dancers and acrobats, it sounds about 60 songs from the repertoire of Jackson and the Jackson 5.
       In addition to the show are shown excerpts from the posthumous film of Jackson "This Is It", which were not included in the official version of the movie.
       The last posthumous disc of Jackson was compilation "Michael", published in 2010. In the U.S., it received a "platinum" status and reached to the third place in the charts of Billboard.

Disney will re-release the "Beauty and the Beast" in 3D.

5 okt 2011, 08:42


       After box-office success of "The Lion King" film studio Disney has decided to re-release in 3D format four full-length animated films, reports Associated Press. On Tuesday, October 4, representatives from the studio announced that the first version of the 3D-animated film will be released the "Beauty and the Beast." Premiere of the converted cartoon to the new 3D format, which was first released in 1991, has been appointed in North America on January 13, 2012.
       September 14, 2012 "Finding Nemo" will be release in theaters in the format of 3D (the original version was released in 2003). On January 18, 2013 was appointed premier of 3D-version of "MONSTERS, INC." (2001), and on 13 September of that year, "LITTLE MERMAID, THE" (1989).
       "The Lion King in 3D", was released in North America September 16, 2011, it led two weeks in film distribution. On October 3, 3D remake of the original cartoon has earned in the U.S. and Canada 79.7 million dollars, according to the website Boxofficemojo. The total fees for all versions of "The Lion King" amounted to more than 408 million dollars since it was first premiered in 1994 in North America.

"Emmy" Awards got Brazilians and Japanese for the news programs.

27 sep 2011, 10:57


       Japanese television channel NHK and the Brazilian TV Globo received its first ever international "Emmy" Awards in the news category, which awards The International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences for TV shows that were released outside the United States. Brazilian television channel received the "Emmy" in the category of "News" for a report on four-day raid of the police in Rio de Janeiro, which was held in November 2010. NHK has got award in the category of "Current affairs" for a report on rescue of Chilean miners from the mine of San Jose, which were bricked up under the ground and held in captivity for over a month.
       Among the contenders of NHK and TV Globo were reporting about the eruption of an Icelandic volcano Eyjafjallajökull and other places.
       International TV Academy was founded in 1969 and since then it gives "Emmy" for foreign journalists. Now in members of Academy include representatives of about 500 companies from 50 different countries. Nominees for 10 other international "Emmys" will be announced on October 3.